Saturday, August 11, 2007

Continued Interaction W/ The Girl Child

I sent her a joke (which I will include, with the following caveat: Don't hate me because I'm funnier than you are). She responded... and the following was the result.

Start with the joke from me:

What goes “oooooooooo”?

Answer?

A cow with no lips



She replied:

dear dad I am sending you a high-ku

did you make that up

i mean did you make the joke

i really liked it



Back from me:

What a nice haiku.

You did very well young child.

I think you can stay.



Dad – Haiku’Master-san



And from her:

ah but can you beat

me in the art of haiku

old pupil daddy



If only she were Japanese, and it were a millennium or two ago, she would have a lot of potential.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very good - i read it some time ago, but did not reply then.
Farmor